More fuel: Logic mention in Aug Keyboard

Hi!

I got the new Aug. Keyboard mag (Dave Brubeck! Woohoo!), and in the Rumours column (page 15 to be exact), the final item is about... Logic! Not much (seriously, not much), but enough to get tongues wagging even more I think. Interesting bit.

I would quote it exactly, but do not want to incur the wrath of New Bay Media... I have incurred enough wrath in my life already ;) hehehe... But, if someone knows for a fact I can quote, I will.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link gordon.

This is one Logic8 rumor I hope doesn't prove to be true. I really like Logic's screen sets for a number of reasons.

Wii is breaking new ground.

The developments in touch screen technology will certainly usher in some cool new ways to interact with the music and its' support software.

For instance David Gibson's Virtual Mixer. (www.virtualmixer.com)

gonna cogitate the Logic8 now..

cheers

Sad to say that after playing around with iMovie 8 i am un happy with it so far.

Like its all cool that you can drag a mouse over HD clips on the fly and edit the clips "as is" with no cutting , this will indeed be implemented in the future Logic and other Apple products for sure, we can have our audio/video takes edited even a better way then how we are familiar with in teh real world now.

Most DAWS where leaning towards the conventional studio to create a familiar environment to us to manipulate the audio or video., well the all time standard conventional big room architectured virtual editing and tracking studio "Pro Tools" with all the emulations of the vintage gear by 3rd party developers was designed to accurately do what we are familiar with and succeeded there, Logic was a step up into another world for musicians/composers.

Now Apple seems to take the audio world to another level finally, beyond the studio we are familiar with, we will be able edit with touch screens but with out cutting, just selecting sections and dragging them, like the new iMovie 8 (so they call it), prevewing loops ths way, parts like recycle, holding multiple regions at once previewing them against each other, etc etc.

As for iMovie, i found no effects, just transitions, sad and isolated as far as i am concerned, i am sure iMovie 8 v1.01 will have more features, i am just not sure why Apple claims it is iMovie at all, it is something else as far as i am concerned, same with Logic soon.

Edited by Logic Pro

• 5 weeks later...
Sad to say that after playing around with iMovie 8 i am un happy with it so far.

As for iMovie, i found no effects, just transitions, sad and isolated as far as i am concerned, i am sure iMovie 8 v1.01 will have more features, i am just not sure why Apple claims it is iMovie at all, it is something else as far as i am concerned, same with Logic soon.

I was in the same boat as you when it first came out. I used imovie HD a lot, and I expected iMovie 08 to be bigger and better. well, it definitely isn't better, but after reading more and using it more, I've come to realize that they are totally different apps.

iM 08 is meant for VERY quick editing and sharing of movies, which it does wonderfully, where as iM HD is meant for a little more editing/ more features.

for example, i can make a movie on my camera upload it to the mac, and have it on youtube in minutes, in iM 08. and I think that's what most people will use it for. they didn't want to have all those extras and crap in there I think just to focus on ease of use.

I use iM HD if I wanna make a cool DVD for someone and send it over to iDVD. takes a lot more time, but looks better.

now, hopefully they will integrate all the effects and abilities of both, but in the meantime I see where they are going with it.

basically on a scale: 1 being easy to use, but less features it goes:

1. iMovie 08

2. iMovie HD

3. Final Cut Express

4. Final Cut Pro

(I guess it goes like that, what do you think?)