time signature change problem - help

mididiot

I swear I'm gaining almost a eightth not going back to 4/4 from 3/4

Not sure what you mean by that? How is your tempo track? Your time signature list?

What if you create a simple MIDI region on a new, soloed track playing similar 1/8th notes continuously, so 6 for the bar of 3/4, 8 for the bar of 4/4? Do you hear an 1/8th note lasting for a whole 1/4 note?

I use the score editor extensively and have never encountered an extra beat as a result of using mixed meters. I'm tempted to think it's a visual thing and not an error on Logic's part.

The only time the score display may seem "off" is if a region doesn't start exactly on a downbeat. In this case you'll get the appearance of certain measures having a pickup.

And if a region extends past the end of a bar a tad, you may see an extra bit of the staff with a note in it (either overlapping/tied, or maybe even a note that really wants to be placed in the next region).

I'd double-check your note quantizing (as well as the display quantize for that region), as well as as interpretation and overlap to help correct the problem.

-=sKi=-

VIsually it looks fine, however if I pat my foot, the whole logic song does an eighth rest before starting the 4/4 region. Its all been quantized. It all looks perfectly fine in score, event list, etc. But, Audibly it plays wrong. I think it my be a corrupt file or a plugin issue. I'm still trouble shooting it. Of course my Protools friend said, just convert it to audio and slice and dice it to correct the problem. I'd rather fix it.

Well, the phantom has left the machine. Restarted Logic and its fine now.

I soooo HATE when that happens. Glad it's working for ya tho!! I guess that should just be my default question before troubleshooting with people.."DID YOU RESTART EVERYTHING??"

sheeesh..stupid computers.

:D