Logic 8 announcement?

I know Steve Jobs is a genius when it come to delivery of keynotes, but this one must be beyond even his legendary talents?

Can you imagine, he's there, on stage in his black turtle neck, and he says...

"Give your music some sole" :-)

I'd have my credit card out in a flash!!

Edited by gordon.murrison

If that event is about new iPods then we're either going to see Logic get updated next week or sometime in October. New OSX-based iPods will hog Apple's front page for about a month before anything else happens. Logic 7 got a front page splash - I'd hope they'd give a new version a little love too.

Also that week, IBC. Apple is exhibiting.

Logic Pro 7 and Express 7 Splash

And here is the time, etc of the supposed event:

Several sites (Engadget, Crave) are reporting that Apple will indeed be holding a media event on September 5th, 2007 at 10 AM Pacific.

Since this is considered a "media event," does that mean Apple could announce other things as well?

Seeing most of the Beatles' solo projects now on iTunes, I wonder if they are going to announce The Beatles catalog on iTunes, and then maybe (to top it off) .... you can listen to them (Beatles) on your new iPod TouchScreen!!

:shock:

But maybe ... just maybe we could hear something like: "or, make your own music with the new release of "*_*_*_*_"

8)

Definitely an iPod event, and even if it is rumored as a "WOW" type event, this is not the place for Logic to be released. Wrong audience. They could give a crap about Logic.

I think the Wow event will be more related to perhaps a Beatles catalog release on iTunes. After all the quote is from an Apple Records release statement. So why not drop in the hint.

I don't see logic update until AES if it shows up there.

R

Just read this....

http://9to5mac.com/node/184

Well.. it might not be on the 5th but Logic 8 is going to be released very soon. As a beta tester my contract has expired (as original release was well over a year ago!) and somehow Apple have not renewed my contract!? Anyway.. I feel obliged to not say too much except the 3 years of development have payed off. It is truly a ripper. serious thought and flawless design have made this the most major competitor to pro tools ever. The main aim was to make this as flawless and as bug free as possible. serious time has gone into the interface design. it is beautiful and the work flow is very unique. it also uses a new audio engine that is not only powerful but sounds very good. as an audio engineer they have made this a program that sonically is comparable to a 20k + pro tools system.. still for the same price as the old version. there are many new plugins and a few synths have been consolidated into one synth that sounds truly awesome. It new one page modular window is a first and I've already heard a similar design will be used for future FCP versions. it is finished and has been held up by the manual and a few other formalities. There are even rumours floating around us beta testers that it may see the light of day under another name. there is also lots of talk going on between Apple and Apogee and hardware not on the market shows up in the preferences. I cannot say the name as it will point me out. but it is a sound card that is expandable and has virtually no latency. I have not seen or tested such device at this stage.

i can't believe how little there is out on the net?! this is the most tight lipped release I've ever witnessed! a few sites got things right earlier in the year but the passed 6 months have seen additional development that have not been mentioned anywhere!

If any of this is true, I would think Apple would want some sort of event to make a splash about this and not just release it like they did with 7.0. AES would seem the next natural place to do that. They are not listed as an exhibitor - but it's long enough away for that to change.

There are even rumours floating around us beta testers that it may see the light of day under another name.

I'm betting the name won't change. Traditionally that's been the kiss of death for music software. Look at what happened when Roger Nichols took over the Elemental Audio stuff. Nobody talks about those plug-ins anymore. They lost their identity.

I think they'll follow the "X" theme. Just skip 8 & 9 and go right for X!

Logic Pro X. Ex. Eks. Or in Pennsylvania Dutch tongue, Eggs!

There are even rumours floating around us beta testers that it may see the light of day under another name.

I'm betting the name won't change. Traditionally that's been the kiss of death for music software. Look at what happened when Roger Nichols took over the Elemental Audio stuff. Nobody talks about those plug-ins anymore. They lost their identity.

I think they'll follow the "X" theme. Just skip 8 & 9 and go right for X!

Logic Pro X. Ex. Eks. Or in Pennsylvania Dutch tongue, Eggs!

I bet five emoticons they go with a "Professional Studio" (Logic Pro) and "Project Studio" (Logic Express) type naming scheme...

:D :shock: :wink: :P :lol: