Logic 8 announcement?

I'll take Grail Nerdity over Star Trek Nerdity any day.

Dave,

In this time of unease and tension, I feel we should try to be unifiers of all things in nerdity.

I say no more, "I'm a Grail Nerd (or a Grerd for short)", or, "I'm a Star Trek Nerd (or lonely 36 year old loser living in his mother's basement for short)." When we are at last united, our collective brain power would be able to unite the rest of the world, solve global hunger, cure cancer, repel all women in a 50 mile radius, colonize Mars, get Dungeons and Dragons as a sport in the Olympics, and turn the entire world in to a new Garden of Eden.

I say, "UNITE NERDS!" I say, "USE THAT BRAIN FOR GOOD, NOT TO DISCUSS WHICH DOCTOR WHO WAS THE BEST!" I say, "LET'S MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE!"

I say unite.

Except those damn Star Wars freaks. Their sci-fi nerdity isn't even physically possible. Idiots.

X

p.s.

What the hell was this thread about? Nothing important I hope.

I think the general consensus is that Logic 8 will probably be released with the next version of os X. Just be patient, thats only a month away! I am sure they will have a conference to unveil the new operating system, and I would guess they will unveil the new FCP, Logic and Aperature software. (pro family)

just a guess though

Edited by calvin200001

Forgive me if I repeat anything somebody else has said, I just basically couldn't be bothered wading through 7 pages of speculation!!!...LOL

But as with most I am in the school of thought that Logic will be released if not with Leopard, a short time later. A short time here meaning a month or two. But according to some other speculations Leopard may be delayed. From what I understand it is still quite buggy, or was a few weeks back.

I'm betting Apple has allocated much of it's resources elsewhere. But one thing is clear, Apple did bother to release Logic as a Universal Binary, which I understand was quite a big task in itself. This would lead me to believe that there is hope that Logic actually HAS a future.

Consider, also that Soundtrack Pro 2 has been released, and so as Garageband '08. So with those projects out of the way, we could probably assume that Logic is next. Short of any audio development requirements being needed for Leopard. In actual fact, I understand they maybe refining Core Audio as well as the Audio Unit spec.

Logic has quite a few unique aspects about it, enough so that there is no one app out there on the market that will safely replace it if it disappears. Not yet anyway. But it's because of it's unique qualities is why Apple may consider keeping it around. So that it can tap into a large part of an unopposed market and sell computers in the process, which I'm sure is their ultimate goal.

But realy guys, by the time we get to page 8 it will be out, look at the screenshot below for yourself and how well apple made a transparent logic 8!

Awsome right=?

Who will post first for page 8?

I told you guys it was gonna be called LOGIC STUDIO !

jeeze, and forget about your plugs working with it as well!

save that for another 6 months

Edited by Logic Pro

Whoray!

Ok, take off the question mark David? :D

I knew you knew too. ha

anyways, I was looking at the store, and it isnt available on the educational sales part of apples web site, only the regular store has it in stock. Any ideas as to why?

Also, is there a list of all the new instruments? And does the new voices jam pack come with it??

:D

might as well put 8 pages in this thread... im a numbers nubber

Edited by calvin200001

I just installed Logic Studio.... Now have lot's of reading to do :)

fwiw my first impression is good, major workflow improvements (more important as a new great synth). I like how UltraBeat got even wilder... Lot's of things that realy are not from this century anymore (like aux handling) are now dealt with. The Delay Designer is awsome!

I just installed Logic Studio.... Now have lot's of reading to do :)

fwiw my first impression is good, major workflow improvements (more important as a new great synth). I like how UltraBeat got even wilder... Lot's of things that realy are not from this century anymore (like aux handling) are now dealt with. The Delay Designer is awsome!

Just installed mines also. I really don't understand why would someone be disappointed. I love the way they show a ghost of cycle and skip when its deactivated. I'm loving it so far.

What do you think about the esx 24 ;)

Logic, the esx 24 is sweet. I thought I had lost all my esx samples that I have created in the past and then realized that the LP8 install created a Previous Logic Settings folder. Man what a relief that was.