How do you log out of this forum?

I don't...

OK guys, it's not me being lazy, but I'm going to overhaul the forums shortly (when I say shortly, you can count a couple of months), so I don't have the desire to waste my time updating little bugs and annoyances like that.

But if you have the patience, look forward to a great new forum.. "shortly"! :wink:

Just delete the cookies that have to do with this forum.

In Safari, select the Safari menu, then Preferences, then go to Security, then hit Show Cookies and you can highlight and delete any of them that you want or you can delete them all (but I don't suggest that unless it's absolutely necessary).

Couldn't tell you how to do it in other browsers.

X

I don't...

OK guys, it's not me being lazy, but I'm going to overhaul the forums shortly (when I say shortly, you can count a couple of months), so I don't have the desire to waste my time updating little bugs and annoyances like that.

But if you have the patience, look forward to a great new forum.. "shortly"! :wink:

all i can say is this is the best logic forum, it should be in the Apple discussions itself , just my conclusion.

You did a great job Dave, thanks

• 1 year later...

Is it still not possible to logout?

I'm looking for this feature for test reasons since there seems to be some problems with direct linking to threads from other forums.

EDIT: Ah, it seems you can not link to threads on LogicProHelp. You need to be registered and logged in to view topics.

I was trying to link from Gearslutz but got "Log In" in my link title.

Did it always use to be like this? That's too bad.

Huh? Linking from other forums is not a problem. If you're logged in you shouldn't see a session ID. If you see one, just don't include it in the thread - but even if you do it should still work fine (it will be ignored).

PS: Correct, you still can't log out - you need to clear out the "logicprohelp.com" cookies from your browser preferences if you really need to log out.

Huh? Linking from other forums is not a problem. If you're logged in you shouldn't see a session ID. If you see one, just don't include it in the thread - but even if you do it should still work fine (it will be ignored).

Hm.. no?

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=24264

Requires a log in.

Appears on Gearslutz.com as "Logic Pro Help - Log In" so the automatic link description helper on Gearslutz has the same problem.

Tested it on two computers now. This is what you get when clicking the link when signed out:

171051971_Billede1.png.1e965bce7715ee3916ba17830648f9bf.png

Bumpidy bump :)

Actually I think it's because it's linking to the file sharing part of the forum, which requires to be logged in to enter.

If you link to the first part of the forum (Logic, Mainstage, STP etc ) there's no need to log in to read the topics.

It's always been like this to me, some parts of the forum requires log in, some others don't.

Actually I think it's because it's linking to the file sharing part of the forum, which requires to be logged in to enter.

If you link to the first part of the forum (Logic, Mainstage, STP etc ) there's no need to log in to read the topics.

It's always been like this to me, some parts of the forum requires log in, some others don't.

That's correct. The link is not the culprit - the File Sharing section is for members only and requires a login. This is mainly to avoid bots downloading the attachments and placing an unnecessary burden on our servers, slowing down the experience for our members.

At one point non-logged-in members could see the threads but not the attachment, but that was creating a lot of confusion, and a lot of "I can't see the file?" comments, so I made the entire section only available to logged in members.

Anyone having problem keeping logged in?

I am.

Even checking the "keep automatic log in..." thing, every time I came back to the forum I have to log in again.

I had some problems with that in the past, but it was not so frequent.

Now happens every day and every time.

Anyone having problem keeping logged in?

I am.

Even checking the "keep automatic log in..." thing, every time I came back to the forum I have to log in again.

I had some problems with that in the past, but it was not so frequent.

Now happens every day and every time.

Did you update to the new Safari Beta 4.0?

I did and have had problems since.

Now I have to sign in approximately once a day or so.

Did you update to the new Safari Beta 4.0?

I did and have had problems since.

Now I have to sign in approximately once a day or so.

Hi Eric.

No. Not on this machine.

I'm using Safari 3.1.1 on 10.5.2.

(My iMac Aluminum died a few days ago. With it I was using Safari 4 beta - which is very nice by the way)

I think the problem is in the forum server or there's some problem with the forum configurations.

Or maybe the problem IS with Safari 3.1.1?

:)

Despite the fact that I used this machine before few months ago without this problem.

David. Do you know something about it?

1575753654_Picture3.png.d65b0e0fc46f5bb9ffba5e0b3ec5841d.png