Heart Failure!

erfmufn

...Though there is something cool about being able to install logic on multiple machines and use the one you need when you need to....

It's an absolute must! I want to work on my MacBook when traveling and on my MacPro when at home.... Same as with the iLok, take your license with you even if you rented equipment.

good idea :)

Why not do the Logic authorization the way everyone else (Native Instruments, etc) do it...either an iLok, or an authorization to your hard drive (challange/response, etc..

Seems pretty simple to me..Apple does it already with the Final Cut suite.

Ok

the main point is what are things we use everyday that require access, and what do we typically have "on" or "around" us that require access that could

integrate

cell (i)phone, internet, on star, starbucks, bank cards, voice recognition

that's it

voice recognition - my car can do that for $200

I too have forgotten the take the key with me sometimes, but fortunately it has never involved a three-hour drive.

What bugs me about USB keys in general is the fact that my MacBook Pro only has two USB ports and I like to use a two-button mouse with Logic - nowhere left for a controller or interface. But then that's not Logic's fault... (Are you listening Mr.Jobs?)

Could I live without the USB key..?

YES. Very happily.

to get speeds of 3 GBps I have to look at a Mac Pro. Firewire only achieves 800Mbps speeds!!

I know this is not a thread about hard drives... but you don't "get speeds of 3GBps in a Mac Pro".

Firewire 800 100MB/s (800Mb/s)
SATA 3.0 300MB/s (2.4Gb/s)
World's fastest SATA drive 84MB/s (WD Raptor, 10,000rpm, SATA 1.5)

Yeah, well I guess I was quoting the "hypothetical"... wishful thinking on my behalf maybe...LOL :lol:

But my reasoning is still strong with internal drives over Firewire drives...

And for the privilege we have to fork out for a Mac Pro. Graphic designers get it WAY too easy in their choice...

Anyway, enough said. :)