comping takes with Midi Instruments?

pisquano

thanks David I read that post before but I don't understand what you mean when you say "A workaround is to cut the take folder into several smaller take folders, then choose the desired take for each folder" - the image you put in that post shows the different takes(?) not different take folders.... a bit confused. 

can you pls elaborate a bit more?

the image you put in that post shows the different takes(?) not different take folders.... a bit confused. 

The image I shared shows 5 different take folders (each with a different take selected), that were cut out of a single take folder. 

Like this: 

Before:

Logic-001.png.fd928e752050d07cdfd445487171a153.png

After cutting the take folder at 2 1 1 1 and 3 1 1 1 and selecting the desired take in each new take folder:

Logic-002.png.51908c4457488e6b8ace3b155a9cef7f.png

ok got it. so in essence you are saying, cut the main take folder where needed (across takes) and then select the pieces to assign to each "fragment" of take folder choosing from different takes.

I got confused by the terminology. quick enough but I wish it was as quick as for Audio :)

thanks David and one last question: once I get to the comp'd take I wanted, how do I get rid of all the other takes? is there a "merge" function? fed

• 5 months later...

Yes I am wondering once split into separate take folders and choosing which take, is there a way to merge it back into 1 midi track?  I selected them all and tried to use Edit -> Join -> Regions (and also Region Per tracks), that didn't work, also tried to use glue tool, that didn't work either.  followed this but doesn't seem to work.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13045

thanks

• 2 years later...
Yes I am wondering once split into separate take folders and choosing which take, is there a way to merge it back into 1 midi track? I selected them all and tried to use Edit -> Join -> Regions (and also Region Per tracks), that didn't work, also tried to use glue tool, that didn't work either. followed this but doesn't seem to work.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13045

thanks

That link is for another use.

Yes there is an easy way to flatten the tracks from the takes, and it is super easy; once you finished cutting the main track, and then choosing the alternatives which you will keep, select all the below regions and while selected, click-hold the number of take on any of the main regions (keeper ones), and a drop list will appear. That list has the option to flatten and.. voila! (I'll try an add a picture here)

I've found out that it is almost as easy as it is with the audio tracks.

754761694_ScreenShot2019-05-16at03_15_18.thumb.png.3b1108a7bfc94a0b12453fefe984a37b.png

• 1 year later...
oddly, the scissors tool disappears when i hover over a midi take region... hmmm.

If you place the playhead where you want to make the cut, you can hit command-T to split the selected midi region. You can also use ctrl-command-t to split between the locators. Not quite sure why the scissors would disappear though.

• 6 months later...
the image you put in that post shows the different takes(?) not different take folders.... a bit confused. 

The image I shared shows 5 different take folders (each with a different take selected), that were cut out of a single take folder. 

Like this: 

Before:

Logic-001.png

After cutting the take folder at 2 1 1 1 and 3 1 1 1 and selecting the desired take in each new take folder:

Logic-002.png

David, yet again I visit something years after you've posted it to someone else and you've solved my problem too. Top man!