Switching email to register a product

krobeatz

Good afternoon,

My brother installed Logic Pro X on my computer and since has passed.  I want to upgrade (buy logic pro x for myself) but it auto populated the email address he used on my computer.  Any ideas on how to change this?  It was initially suggested to uninstall the current version but I'm scared of losing the many projects we created with one another. 

Any help would be truly appreciated,

Ro

Try this?

1. Open the App store,
  2. Choose Store > Sign Out,
  3. Choose Store > Sign In,
  4. Sign in using your own Apple ID,
  5. Purchase Logic Pro X.

I'll try this as soon as I get home.  My main concern/issue was trying to "update" in Logic as my brother's email auto populates when clicking "update".  Even when purchasing Logic X won't I still encounter the same issue as the registered user will still be his?

Try this?

1. Open the App store,
  2. Choose Store > Sign Out,
  3. Choose Store > Sign In,
  4. Sign in using your own Apple ID,
  5. Purchase Logic Pro X.

Alright, so when I login to my own account, Logic still is being recognized and only gives me the option to "update".  When I click update my brother's email address auto populates and it asking me for his password.  Any other possible suggestions?  

Cant you just enter your email address in (overwrite the auto-populated one) and your password?

If not, I would check the settings in System Preferences -> iCloud and see which account is listed. if it isn't the correct one, you can sign and sign in with your account. That might help. 

Unfortunately I cannot overwrite, it's grayed out.  Essentially he (my brother) purchased the logic x, logged on to his app store and installed it on a computer we both use.  Apple is recognizing that it is installed on my computer and will not give me the option to do anything (in my own app store) but do update (can't even purchase if I wanted to).  When I try to update, it auto populates his information (again its greyed out).  I can't purchase it, obviously I can't guess his pw so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.  So far can't do much of anything except utilize the version I have currently.  Any further information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Again I'm more than willing to purchase the APP but I need to somehow change either the recognition of the app, hopefully without deleting or having to reinstall, or deleting his email that populates automatically.  Sorry for the repetativeness, trying to be as thorough as possible.

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately only the licensed user can perform an upgrade. If you don't know his account info - you will have to purchase it with your own. To do so you will have to delete the all versions of logic X ( you can copy it to another disk or USB just in case something goes wrong) just make sure you remove the disk so the App Store doesn't see it.

Once deleted the App Store will allow you to purchase.

There is a way to force a new purchase without deleting - but don't recall the exact procedure

Edit: make sure you remove Logic from the dock and launchpad as well.... ( if they are there?)