Help/Resources to get AC/DC guitar tone in logic pro x direct in using m audio interface

gstriby

I am new to the board. I have been trying to find posts on how to get the guitar tone of AC/DC within logic pro x as far as amp, cabinet, mic/cab, and the amp eq settings. I'm sure there are resources out there that help with AC/DC and other popular artists using what is available in Logic Pro X. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Grant

Hi Grant. Welcome to the forum.

Tony Platt, (who worked on Back in Black) once said: 

"There have been so many times when people have asked me to get them a sound like Angus, and I’ve generally said, ‘We’ll need a Marshall head, we’ll need a Marshall 4x12, we’ll need a Gibson SG and we’ll need Angus. Without them we just won’t have the right combination.’ "

Here's a link to the article. It's an interesting read: http://www.soundonsound.com/people/classic-tracks-acdc-back-black

In all seriousness, a guitar with a humbucker and a Marshall emulation with a 4x12 type cab will get you in the ballpark. 

Try Logic's 'Modern British Metal' channel strip as a starting point. Bypass the Pedalboard, EQ, Compressor and Echo.

Then dial in the amp to taste and experiment with the virtual mic placement.

Hope that helps.

Chris