tempo changes/quicktime bug in logic 7.23 any progress?

ANALOGBOB

Can you elaborate on precisely what happens here? Cuz it's my understanding that Logic has no influence on the speed of QT playback. Having said that, there is a connection between the QT's audio playback and Logic (via the Contiguous Sync paramete)r, but otherwise I'm not aware of any way that Logic can influence picture playback speed.

Can you provide details? Also, what kind of Mac are you running (PPC? MacIntel?)

Hi.

Yes I am on 7.2.3 running a intel machine. What I have had happening never happened before with my g5 with 7.0 or the various ppc updates. Basically what happens is that the if you change the tempo the video will jump way back in time and be played back slower. It's really wierd. I do realize that this is documented quite well. I'll check "the Contiguous Sync parameter" see if its checked or not. But my understanding that this is a bug known to apple and I am just checking if anyone has figured out a way to work around it...

I'm not running on a MacIntel, but, just a hunch... what would happen if, after you changed the tempo event you run Logic for a second (movie playback will be wrong). Then stop. Double-click on your movie start time, CMD-C to copy the position. Then type zero + return to clear it. Play back for a second, then stop.

Double-click on the movie start time again and CMD-V paste, Return.

I'm thinking maybe that would jog Logic's brain back into re-orienting the movie's playback to the proper position.

-=sKi=-

Edited by ski