Slicing and editing a grouped DI and recorded audio track

CodyBoy

Hi, I am used to editing in pro tools, and finding editing in Logic a little bit tricky so far. I have grouped my DI track, and the audio track of my electric guitar (with editing enabled). I have then detected the transients and placed them where I need to in the DI track... But I have noticed that although the two tracks are grouped, the same transient detections have not shown up in the electric guitar audio track. Regardless, is there any way to slice the electric guitar audio at the transient marker position I have in its DI track?

Also, If I decide I just want to manually edit, is there a way to increase the appearance of the waveform to look larger within the region in the main window for manually selection transients of the DI? In pro tools I believe you just hold alt and scroll the middle mouse button (or something like that). 

Thanks! 

But I have noticed that although the two tracks are grouped, the same transient detections have not shown up in the electric guitar audio track.

Make sure the Q button is on (green) on the DI track?

Regardless, is there any way to slice the electric guitar audio at the transient marker position I have in its DI track?

Once you have the desired transient markers, control click the region and choose Slice at Transient Markers. 

Also, If I decide I just want to manually edit, is there a way to increase the appearance of the waveform to look larger within the region in the main window for manually selection transients of the DI? In pro tools I believe you just hold alt and scroll the middle mouse button (or something like that). 

Click-hold the waveform zoom button (top right, in the tracks area menu bar) and you'll see a waveform zoom slider appear.