Glitching and stuttering during recording & playback

Grewvz

Hey all, I've been plagued with this issue since moving from Pro Tools to LPX for audio recording.

In short, pretty frequently during playback and recording of my sessions (usually just containing audio files), I get stutters and intermittent loss of audio. It's especially annoying when tracking because my artist will be working on a really spirited take, and then suddenly the recording stutters, almost lags if you will, and they're thrown completely off. When looking back at the audio files that were recorded when the stutters happen, they're actually glitched out, like LPX lost it's place when recording.

This also happens on playback as well, even when nothing is being recorded.

I use a 2013 MacBook Pro, 2.6ghz i5, 8gb RAM, with a Digi 003 all of who's drivers are up to date as far as I know. 16bit @ 44.1k, minimal plug-ins. Buffer size stays around 256. Session is sourced from external hard drive powered by Thunderbolt.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated, I have no idea how to move forward in a productive manner!

sounds like buffer setting is too low for your hard drive access speed. try buffer of 516 and see if its better or worse. my early old mac worked fine at 516 and tolerated 256 but glitches at 128 or less. my new mac pro goes lower so it just depends on how quick your drives are. test your drive speed to see if its fast or slow. also internal drive may work better. good luck buddha

Indeed they are. I think I'm narrowing the issue down to my 003's compatability with LPX. When you say internal audio, do you suggest recording some random audio using the built-in peripherals to see if I'm getting the same problem?

Once again, thank you for all the help guys!

Indeed they are. I think I'm narrowing the issue down to my 003's compatability with LPX. When you say internal audio, do you suggest recording some random audio using the built-in peripherals to see if I'm getting the same problem?

Once again, thank you for all the help guys!

hey, good luck with your problem...  curious to know what happens as I have a scarlett that's also been having problems with logic..

so curious to know which interfaces finallly works