Buffer I/O at 128 but recorded audio is delayed when listening back

mgmartino

So I am recording vocals with my Buffer I/O at 128 but my recorded audio is delayed when listening back and not in sync? is there a way to fix this? This has never happened to me before.

Also I did about 10 takes on loop record before I noticed this listening back. And I really was feeling some of the takes i performed, so is there a way for me to set that recorded audio to the the place it should be (as it was actually recorded)...?

I unchecked the software monitoring box under Preferences>Audio and that seemed to work.  But what does that do exactly? Does that affect the project when I am just listening back and mixing everything?

When software monitoring is enabled, you can hear your R-enabled tracks through Logic. When no tracks are R-enabled, it does not affect the project upon playback and mixing.

okay, So I know you have to R-enable a track to record it,  but if the track has no plug-ins on it is there any difference in sound between software monitoring it through logic or just having it come directly through the speakers from my audio interface (apollo twin duo)?

Yes. Even without plug-ins in your mixer, the software monitoring will be affected by the audio signal routing in Logic's mixer, the panning, gain adjustments with volume faders, etc.... There's also a difference in latency since software monitoring requires going through Logic's various buffers, therefore adding more delay to the interface/converters latency.