Drummer tempo issue

mgoslett1

Hi Guys

I need some help thinking through a really silly issue.

So I am half way through writing a track. It's a slow, tasty,  slightly swung, bluesy sort of thing which started with a very minimalistic drum groove. It was about a month ago when I first laid this drum groove down using Logic's drummer, as a basis for a verse and chorus. Just something that I threw together which I could lay some instruments over. The way I managed to get the groove I wanted though was to push the tempo to 160bpm which for some reason gave me a nice steady 80bmp feel. However, now that I have the other instruments down (in midi) I'd like to go back and spread that drum groove out a little and variate it across the whole tune. Here lies the problem: With my tempo at 160bpm, Logic drummers are defaulting to some quick beats. Even if I set them to their simplest and quietest settings, it's still too much for what I'm after. If I change the tempo back to 80bpm, all my other midi tracks are affected. At the moment, my only thoughts for a work around are to completely finish all my midi tracks and them bounce them into audio files. Then I can fart about with the drummer regions at different tempos. Not my preferred scenario so would appreciate any other suggestions. Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi mgoslett1 and Eric. Did you get this to work for the Drummer track?

Searching the forum and found this thread and I'm also having the same exact issue.

I did the SMPTE-lock of all tracks in my project. I also protected all of the tracks.

It worked perfectly for all MIDI and Audio tracks, however the Drummer track (i.e. Drum Designer) is still being modified to a beat that I don't want at all.

I am attaching an image of what is happening for the sake of enriching this thread for other people with the same issue. I am using Logic Pro X 10.2.4, on macOS Sierra (10.12.1).

http://siervo.soy/misc/before-after.jpg

• 3 weeks later...