Slow Down Effect On Master/Stereo Track

RoyFan

You have to bounce your project to audio, and have the slow down effect applied to the audio region corresponding to that bounce (supposedly this is the type of effect you want to apply when your mix is completed) : select the region, in the inspector click on the Fade Out label to open a popup menu and select Slow Down instead, then use the fader tool to define and adjust your fade out (= slow down) curve on your audio region.

You have to bounce your project to audio, and have the slow down effect applied to the audio region corresponding to that

Thanks, appreciate it.

I was thinking (hoping) maybe if I automate the global tempo track?  but I'm not sure if one can draw sharp automation curves

in that track

You have to bounce your project to audio, and have the slow down effect applied to the audio region corresponding to that

Thanks, appreciate it.

I was thinking (hoping) maybe if I automate the global tempo track?  but I'm not sure if one can draw sharp automation curves

in that track

That's a great idea RoyFan. I don't know the answer to that either and can't get try itout, I'm away from my computer until tomorrow. 

Hopefully someone in the know will let you (us) know. ;-)

in that track

You can draw all the curves you want in the Tempo track, however you most likely won't get the effect you want. You would have to also get the pitch to come down, and for your audio tracks, you could that with Flex Time's effect modes (tempophone, or the other one), but first of all you can't go lower than 5bpm so you wouldn't get an absolute stop, and that wouldn't work for MIDI and software instrument tracks....

Arnaud's right, to get the desired slow down effect, bounce your mix and apply the effect on the bounced file. You can always cut just the slow down section and bring it back to your project, placing it on its own track, at the end of the song, so you can continue working on the multi-track while still hearing the slow down effect at the end. And if your mix changes as you work on the multi-track, you can always re-create the slow down effect when you're really done mixing the song so it sounds the same as the rest of the song. 

You can always cut just the slow down section and bring it back to your project, placing it on its own track, at the end of the song, so you can continue working on the multi-track while still hearing the slow down effect at the end. And if your mix changes as you work on the multi-track, you can always re-create the slow down effect when you're really done mixing the song so it sounds the same as the rest of the song. 

That's exactly how I do it. Thanks David for having elaborated in a much more detailed way.