Flex Time bug...? (SOLVED)

3ple
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

I think I remember Logic Pro 9 having 2 different options when using the Flex Time: the cursor would be different when dragging transients closer to the top edge or the bottom edge. I guess one would drag just the transient between two transients and the other one would drag all transients after that one (hope it makes sense).

Now it seems that they both do the same thing...

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-2.gif.8afed3437e82c86a90b7a6fdf729af95.gif

Edited by 3ple

I never noticed it, but what's very interesting is that while the two first types of cursors are well known (single vertical line with inward arrows; three vertical lines with inward arrows), I had never noticed the third one that appears at the center of the waveform display: single vertical line with outward arrows...

It's probably not a bug, I have no clue what exact behaviour it is supposed to have.

I never noticed it, but what's very interesting is that while the two first types of cursors are well known (single vertical line with inward arrows; three vertical lines with inward arrows), I had never noticed the third one that appears at the center of the waveform display: single vertical line with outward arrows...

It's probably not a bug, I have no clue what exact behaviour it is supposed to have.

I think the third option is new to Logic Pro X. I never noticed it either in Logic Pro 9. But now my issue is that I remember that the 2 other options used to do different things and now it seems like they do the same... Let's say you have 10 transients aligned to the grid, but then 50 transients that are off by 30% to the right. It doesn't make sense that you fix one by one. You drag one and all of the following transients follow the dragged one, aligning as a group. And I guess that's what one of those options used to do (maybe the three vertical lines), so one would just drag a transient in between two transients and the other one would drag that transient and the following ones. At least, that's what I remember. 

The third option I just saw it yesterday and have no idea what it does, but by the way it behaved, it seemed like a bug as well...

I believe you are misremembering things a bit.

You create either one flex marker (top half) or 3 flex markers (bottom half) when clicking on the region.

This will do what you need.

So in your case you can delete the flex marker and recreate 3 when clicking on the bottom half of the region.

Maybe I am... but what't the purpose of having the 2 options if they are doing the same thing? When I click on the top it creates one marker and when I click on the bottom, same thing. And when I try to drag, in either situation, it behaves the same... what's the point? :/

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I know what's going on... I had all the transient markers already set automatically and so it had the "limit" on both left and right side. Is there a way to just move all markers in one direction? Again, let's say 50% of the track is on the grid and 50% is off. Can I adjust only the ones that aren't? I tried the quantize, but for some reason it's not quantizing those...