Redundant Nodes?

Artlowell

I have been plagued with an automation problem for some time that I haven't understood. I will leave a project alone for a while, even while Logic is shut down. On returning to it, I will find all kinds of automation curves that I am sure I never created. Specifically, almost all of the volume changes I created used square forms, ( bracket the areas with with "b" nodes, and raise or lower the the flat top). On returning, I will find all kinds of saw-tooth formations that I am sure that I never intentionally created. Volumes are completely screwed up. Hence, every time I leave a project alone, I have to re-do the mix almost every time. The resulting automation curves barely resemble the ones that I created. (I suspect that Logic is using those redundant notes and ignoring others to re-create the automation curve). In a lengthy project with many parts, you can imagine how vexing this must be.

This is LP 9. I have a new theory. "Logic recreates the automation curves every time it re-opens a project. In doing so, it makes errors, Either it skips data from the original core file, or mis-reads it". Well, it's a theory, anyway. It might be wear-and-tear on some sectors of the hard drive, or something else. Whatever, any worse, and it will become unusable.

The signature is still correct. (I am extremely reluctant to upgrade large programs that are working for me fairly well. Upgrades have only resulted in the loss of functional features in previous versions and many new headaches. I asked about a certain feature in Logic X and was very discouraged to be told that I would no longer be able to display all the notes in the piano roll window, and be able to choose a track and edit just the notes in that track. Without that feature, I would not be able to compose in MIDI).

The Apple store doesn't make it easy to find a place to actually buy Logic Pro X. Lots of pages for reading all about it, but I haven't found a place to actually but and download it. Do I get a free download for upgrading from LP9, or do I have to buy it for $200? 

Archived