Can't hear notes when highlighted in piano roll

madkeys
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

• 1 year later...
Why does that button exists? It doesn't represent its function at all. It disables all input for software instrument. maybe in some way it means midi. Anyway... The existence of this button is an excellent example of the frustrating usability struggle in Logic Pro....

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
I am loving my Logic Pro 10.7.2 but have an odd situation: When I am in the Piano Roll attempting the edit notes I can generally click on the note (because my Midi Out is selected) and I can hear the note at the same volume as it would be if I were to play the track. However, once I use the Transposition tool to transpose the notes in that track the volume is suddenly reduced to a level that I can barely hear. This makes it impossible to continue editing the midi notes because I can no longer hear them. They play back just fine and the are transposed properly but I can't hear them from within the editor. Can you tell me why this would happen after simply transposing them up a a couple step or 2 and how I might address this?