Bouncing Melodyne tracks delayed/early

clearitup

I have a guitar track that I edited using Melodyne 4 plugin. 

When I bounce the file to a new track. The timing is slightly off (early in this case) from the original file. I've added a screen shot. The top is the original. 

**The screen shot is of a section where the notes were not edited with melodyne**

I've also has instances where the bounced file is late. What's happening?

1643548439_ScreenShot2016-10-31at12_57_06PM.png.59e4744482af3774ccf206cec7f7a74c.png

945713666_ScreenShot2016-10-31at1_00_53PM.thumb.png.f88a645340b5d96473aaf8bb1f5ad6fd.png

I frequently use the approach you describe, and yes, sometimes/not always there is a timing offset, both early and late...(sigh)...have never really reliably "replicated" the issue...but now use a procedure that seems to really minimize its occurrence...basically bounce the track using exactly the same buffer size and latency mode as used for the original recording (ie 32/low in my case)...the problem "seems" to occur more often when the settings are not identical...(sigh)...hth.../s~

I frequently use the approach you describe, and yes, sometimes/not always there is a timing offset, both early and late...(sigh)...have never really reliably "replicated" the issue...but now use a procedure that seems to really minimize its occurrence...basically bounce the track using exactly the same buffer size and latency mode as used for the original recording (ie 32/low in my case)...the problem "seems" to occur more often when the settings are not identical...(sigh)...hth.../s~

My settings were identical. I created this example specifically to post here in a matter of 5 minutes. It never seems to fail.

...mmmm...so now I will set up a controlled experiment...the last time I did this was back under 3.?, iirc, and haven't "noticed" anything after the upgrade to 4.?...my "standard" set up is a "patch" made up of a track stack that has... 

1/ a raw/original track used for "swipe comping" to create the original take ---> bounced in place down to...

2/ a track with an instance of melodyne used to make any corrections necessary ---> bounced in place down to...

3/ a "print" track which will have any eq/comp/fx applied....

1/ and 2/ are muted/disabled...so only /3 goes out to the mix bus via the stack aux/sum

...more later.../s~

• 2 weeks later...
...mmmm...so now I will set up a controlled experiment...the last time I did this was back under 3.?, iirc, and haven't "noticed" anything after the upgrade to 4.?...my "standard" set up is a "patch" made up of a track stack that has... 

1/ a raw/original track used for "swipe comping" to create the original take ---> bounced in place down to...

2/ a track with an instance of melodyne used to make any corrections necessary ---> bounced in place down to...

3/ a "print" track which will have any eq/comp/fx applied....

1/ and 2/ are muted/disabled...so only /3 goes out to the mix bus via the stack aux/sum

...more later.../s~

Did you find any further results? I'm still trying to figure this one out. For now, I just manually drag them into line the best I can