EXS24 - changing loop zone for multiple samples

Von Stinkenhaus

Hi Guys, 

I'm building some instruments in EXS24 and I'm working with multiple samples for each instrument. Generally 4 octaves, 49 notes, each note sampled. When I import them into EXS24, I'm having to open each sample in the sample editor and set the loop zone and crossfade for each individual note. Is there a way to automate this process for all notes?  Like batch loop zone or something? Or is instrument building multi sampled instruments in EXS24 just an arduous process in general?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well I can at least copy and paste my settings in the editor table. Being an avid copy/paster in Excel with my day job, this does fall into my wheelhouse. 

Since all of the samples are different notes of the same instruments, the waveforms are similar enough to copy and paste these across the board for the most part I think. 

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/spencerwilson/EXS_LoopStartEnd_zpsyywbotcf.png

Is this the quickest route, would you say? That's still like 150 copy/pastes for all three parameters on a 4 octave instrument. 

Almost as fun as building Ensoniq EPS instruments back in the day. Lol.

Have you tried selecting all the zones and scroling one of the values with the mouse? I think they should all scroll along, if my memory is good...

That's not easy to adjust proper loop zones - crossfades depending of the material used. That is probably one of the reasons that good libraries are expensive and often does not contain a sample per note...

• Xfade (Crossfade) field: Determines the crossfade time between the end/start of a looped sample. In a crossfaded loop, there is no “step” between the loop end and loop start points. The higher the value, the longer the crossfade and the smoother the transition between the loop end and start points. This is especially convenient with samples that are hard to loop and that would normally produce clicks at the transition point—the join in the loop.
  • E. Pwr (Equal Power) checkbox: Activate to enable an exponential crossfade curve that causes a volume boost of 3 dB in the middle of the crossfade range. This will fade out/fade in the join between the loop end/start at an equal volume level.

Note: The ideal settings for the Xfade and E. Pwr parameters depend on the sample material. A loop that cycles reasonably smoothly is the best starting point for a perfectly crossfaded loop, but a crossfaded loop does not always sound better. Experiment with both parameters to learn how, when, and where they work best.