Isn't Logic a _deep_ program and not 'incredibly simple'?

I was reading a Slashdot article about editing audio on Linux (http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/13/1944255&tid=185), and I read someone's comments about Logic that were:

I do some of the sound mixing for my band, while some is done by a professional. I use windows, and he uses Mac. I use SONAR, and he uses Logic. Let me say, even as a PC person, that Logic is an AMAZING program. It is incredibly simple, much more so than SONAR, but at the same time just as powerful, if not more so. Instead of having to apply filters with a drop down menu, you drag them to filter slots on a track. Buttons you need are big, the ones you don't are small. Filters have clear labels on their settings that allow even a novice to see what each does.

Isn't Logic considered a deep program, and not for the 'fainthearted'? (Especially Logic Pro.)... Heck, even from just reading the reference manual from Apple's site, the Environment (what seems like a 'Reaktor for MIDI data') takes up a whole chapter, and it seems like it's a whole programming environment inside Logic itself!

Comments welcome.

--Douglas

Douglas, Logic has to be the deepest software around. The good thing about Logic is that if someone asks me "Can I setup 5 different keyboards, 2 guitar synth sending on different MIDI Channels on each strings, to switch from a virtual instrument to playing my Triton, while when the song reaches the chorus, the lights go on on the drums, and then fade out until the bridge, where Logic automatically stops and wait for me to press the spacebar before going into the second song...?", the answer is yes.

However, you CAN do simpler things with Logic too! Some stuff are really simple, like using virtual instruments. ProTools used to be incredibly cumbersome to deal with vi's, until PT7 were they basically ripped off Logic's idea.

Some find Logic complicated, some find it simple. The truth lies in between: it's as complicated as you need it to be. There are dozens of ways to edit your midi data. However, nothing prevents you from using [/i]only the matrix editor.

Oh how true! I just switched over from Prtools to Logic about two weeks ago. I needed the midi and VI power to self compose as I no longer have my studio and no longer record other musicians. I found Logic much easier then I thought it was going to be based on what everyone else said. I am, however, noticing that it can become complicated as you dig deeper into the program. Using it as I do (and watching Martin's vids!) I found it a very nice program to use. I could not be happier. I also have experience using Sonar 4 and I did like it however it seemed to take twice as many steps to perform the same task. Apple has always been known to keep things simple on the outside and powerful underneath the hood.