Can't switch off Test Oscillator

Lord Lav
Go to solution Solved by 3ple,

Hi there.

I used the Test Oscillator recently but now for some reason whenever I open up a new software instrument it opens up with the Test Oscillator as the default which is really irritating.  I have to physically switch it off literally every single time I open a new software instrument.  Is there a way I can stop Logic X opening a Test Oscillator as default?  How does Logic decide what the default instrument is anyway?

Thanks in advance peeps! 

• Solution
Hi there.

I used the Test Oscillator recently but now for some reason whenever I open up a new software instrument it opens up with the Test Oscillator as the default which is really irritating.  I have to physically switch it off literally every single time I open a new software instrument.  Is there a way I can stop Logic X opening a Test Oscillator as default?  How does Logic decide what the default instrument is anyway?

Thanks in advance peeps! 

Can you check if the Test Oscillator is selected on the dropdown menu? That's the only thing I can think of, based on what you're saying. Hope it helps :)

1530445098_ScreenShot2017-03-07at2_56_20PM.png.9af15a112cebec6b4528ffbf08485820.png

Lord Lav:Hi there.

Thanks in advance peeps! 

Can you check if the Test Oscillator is selected on the dropdown menu? That's the only thing I can think of, based on what you're saying. Hope it helps :)

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 2.56.20 PM.png

You Sir, are an absolute hero!  And I am a nonce lol....  That's exactly what it was!  Can't believe I didn't figure it out.  Either way, thank you very much for your time and reply.  That was driving me mad! Problem solved.

Lord Lav:Hi there.

Thanks in advance peeps! 

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 2.56.20 PM.png

You Sir, are an absolute hero!  And I am a nonce lol....  That's exactly what it was!  Can't believe I didn't figure it out.  Either way, thank you very much for your time and reply.  That was driving me mad! Problem solved.

Haha glad I could help. Sometimes the most obvious solutions are not the ones that we think first. But luckily we have this amazing forum where sometimes people make us feel like "idiots" hahah one of these days I asked help for something and what I suggested that Logic should do was exactly the way it works. You can only imagine how I felt ;)

good luck my friend :)