Philosophical question

OFS

Am I the only one who wishes to kill the person that decided you can't freely drag channels in the Logic mixer...?

It is pretty annoying having to go into the Main Window to change it every time! 

They might have chosen not to put it in as you might accidentally move tracks around when trying to mix? But to solve that you could just have a "Tool" or Hotkey to enable moving track in the mixer window.

There's Trump, terrorism, war, hunger, torture - but you "want to kill the person who made some software decision". 

Hey Eriksimon, take it easy man, I'm obviously joking. This is a Logic related forum, not the place to discuss the world's problems.

Hey OFS, take it easy too man, I'm obviously also joking, sort of, maybe not, but yes I am, so... of course you don't actually want to kill someone. I'm just not too fond of violent metaphores.

I don't think it is your or my place to say what can or can't be discussed here (though if this were serious, it would have to be posted in "The Lounge"). Having said that, this never was an attempt to seriously "discuss the worlds problems" to begin with, it was an attempt at comedic banter.

Which failed.

Peace to everyone, including the Logic Pro software developing team. I think some day (…) we'll get a setting or button to decouple mixer and tracks area layouts (I don't know any Logic user who doesn't want that).

Edited by Eriksimon

Hey Eriksimon, all is cool man. The problem with text messaging is sometimes you don't get the tone of the other person's message. I just posted that thing because it seemed to me that you really were mad about me being seriously violent, when I meant to share my frustration about the mixer thing joking about it.

So, I'm sorry I didn't realize that you were also joking about it, it's one of those situations when I didn't get the spirit of your reply.

So yeah, peace to everyone, including the Logic Pro software developing team.

Minus THAT guy... ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to get serious for a moment, and I am speculating, but it seems like the inability to do that is because eMagic, 20-odd years ago, wrote the foundation for Logic in a manner that makes changing it impractical if not impossible. Everything since is built on that same foundation.

Microsoft Windows has hundreds of thousands of lines of code in it that are patched around, because it is too costly or maybe impossible to go in and weed them out. Sort of like trying to replace the foundation in a 10-story building.

And LPX coders are too busy adding features that no one asked for that are annoying as hell and useless, such as swipe to delete in the event list.