Midi Click Environment Object Behaviour

gummigudm

Senario: In the Midi environment. Midi Click object, connected to monitor, connected to a channel strip loaded with an ES M. Press play with metronome on and the synth plays the notes selected in project settings.

The monitor shows no note-off (Velocity 0) messages, so i would expect the synth to sustain the notes to the next message sent. The decay of the synth is very long, but the notes cut off after a few divisions.

Playing the same synth on a keyboard yields much longer notes, so something is cutting them off.

And it's definitely not the next note of the click thats cutting the note short. I set the metronome to only send on bars, and still the individual notes last no longer than a few divisions. 

Is this expected behaviour, or a bug?

Hi,

The monitor shows no note-off (Velocity 0) messages

But it's actually sending notes off, it's just not showing them for some reason.

If you send the MIDI Click's messages out Logic you'll see the Note Offs in Logic's MIDI Activity Display and/or in a third-party monitor like Snoize's MIDI Monitor.

Is this expected behaviour, or a bug?

Being something that was created for keeping time I wouldn't expect to be able to control the duration of the notes. For that use, you normally only need pulses or clicks, right?

J.