10.3 Regions don't start and end on barlines

Stick
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

It used to be that I'd hit record, wait thru part of the first bar, play a snare on beat 4, hit stop near the next barline (even after it a little) and the resulting region would fill that entire bar, so I can just hit "loop" and it loops out every bar. Now, if there's dead space, or if I go over the bar a little, the region doesn't start or end on the barline. It's killing my speed because I'm constantly having to pull out the regions, cut at a barline, and delete the little bits before and after. 

How can I fix this? I've searched through the prefs, and played with different snap settings with no fix. Help!!

This does not happen here. MIDI regions I record live always start on the first beat of a bar and end at the end of a bar. In fact, during recording, the instant I send a MIDI event to Logic, a region is created that start spans the entire bar where the MIDI event was sent. Any additional MIDI event I send extends the recording region until the end of the bar where the additional MIDI event was sent.

Have you tried repeating the procedure in a new empty project?

Holy smokes. As usual, it's the simplest thing. 

I guess I understand why it should work that way if there's something already in the track, but on a fresh track, with the punch point on a barline, I'd still think we'd get a region that starts with the recording. 

Anyway, easy fix. Thanks VERY much for the extra set of eyes and expertise. Though, you probably didn't much of it for this one. HA HA!