MIDI Stuck at Max Velocity

WareThunder

Hey guys, 

So in the past I've always used a MIDI to USB cable from my Nord Electro 3 into my Macbook to record MIDI tracks. Now, for some reason when I hook everything up, all of the notes are stuck at max velocity, regardless of how I play them. I've made sure my Q Velocity settings are at default (I've tried messing with the values also), and can't seem to fix it. This happens whether I'm recording or not. I've also tried another MIDI to USB cable and the same thing happens.

This is my first time posting here, so apologies if this should be posted elsewhere, but I hope someone can help me out!

Thanks in advance,

WT

I've made sure my Q Velocity settings are at default

Are you quantizing at all? If you aren't, none of the Q-parameters matter. Is your Velocity (not Q-Velocity) setting also set to zero? 

Thanks so much for your response, David!

Unfortunately the problem persists when I have quantizing on and the Q Velocity is set to zero, AND when quantizing is off and the normal Velocity is set to zero. Let me know if you have any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...