Daves Book

royaldeadman

There are errata and updates for versions 10.1 and 10.2 on the Peachpit web site, so it's still fairly current if you include those. I did find a few errors and glitches that weren't addressed, BUT they are minor and should no be seen as a deterrent. I'm just about finished going through the book myself, and do think it's getting close to requiring an update. But if one uses it, the resources it provides and online help here etc, I see no reason as to why one shouldn't proceed with a purchase.

Is this too out dated to purchase or should I go buy it? Apple just keeps pushing out updates and Im not sure if this is getting too far behind to own. 

https://www.amazon.com/Logic-Pro-10-1-Professional-Production/dp/0134185730/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1490504635&sr=1-2&keywords=logic+pro+x+books

Its fine, I have it from over a year ago, very handy, even with the latest 10..3.1 Logic version.

Do you find tutorial videos are better than the book or does the book do a great job?

I would suggest that much depends on how one learns. Some people like videos and I have some myself, but they don't always make easy reference sources at all times. Personally I've benefited greatly using the book approach. But instead of working with a 'hard copy,' as I did previously over the years, I've been working with the e-book and the pdf file as well this time. I find I can copy bits I might wish to use as reminders, can create personal notes and stop and start each day exactly where I left off...and no book to hold open. The 'pdf file is also searchable, and anything you want to preserve you can print. It's also easier sitting at the computer with the e-book on screen beside the Logic window than, for example, holding a text book on my lap. Saves trees too! :) The e-book is available in different formats as well...all for the same price, and Peachpit even had a sale previously. Lots to consider I guess.