SSD Suggestions for a Mid 2012 MBP

dgerch

I have logic sessions with a lot of stuff going on that I can't mix or playback because of constant system overloads. Will an SSD remedy this or is it a CPU issue that can't be resolved? If it is the SSD, what's an affordable option? Also, is it possible to keep my original hard drive and put the SSD where the disc drive is (I heard that somewhere)? Thanks!

It's both. The session has about 80 tracks and a great deal of plugins and automation. The thing is, at any one time about 3/4 of the Tracks are not being used and I suspect that they're still eating up CPU because, while there is not audio at that given moment the computer is still running the plug in.

Is there a way to for the tracks to effectively "shut off" during the portion of the song that there isn't audio or midi? Can I identify which plugins/tracks are eating up the most CPU?

I know that I should probably print things to audio and consolidate to one track but I'd still like to maintain the flexibility. What do you suggest?

Thanks again!