Latency in Logic after update to 10.3.1

greedo95

Hello, I found a problem with latency in Logic after update to 10.3.1. (everything was OK before that)

When I open an older project, which was created in Logic X, (but before an update), there is sudden latency while recording. I did not change any settings.

But when I create a new project, and start recording, everything is fine and without latency. (WHY!?)

I/O Buffer size is 32, and I don't use "low latency mode"

What's your advice? Please help. I have to work with my few months old projects. 

Thanks in advance

Latency when I plug a microphone or guitar into my TASCAM 16x08 audio interface and try to record something.

I did not use Low latency mode  because It wasn't necessary. And If I record into a new project It's OK, and I don't have to use low latency mode. I read on some discussion, that low latency mode should be turned off If it' s not necessary. The weirdest thing is that problem is only with older projects... I don't know what that update caused. Thank you for replies.

I use just effects and presets from Logic, I don't use any external plug-ins. But after I read you reply, I found out, that I have a  Final Master effect ("Final Rock Wide") on my output track. So I tried to turn it off, and tried to record something and now It's OK, when master effect It's turned off (even with LLM turned off). So the solution Is to turn off the master effect, when I want to record in some older "completed" project or leave it turned on but in that case turn on Low Latency mode. Right? 

I found out, that I have a  Final Master effect ("Final Rock Wide") on my output track.

That channel strip setting adds 55 ms on top of your regular roundtrip latency.

So the solution Is to turn off the master effect, when I want to record in some older "completed" project or leave it turned on but in that case turn on Low Latency mode. Right? 

Every solution that works is a good one. :)

It sounds like you have plug-in latency compensation set to either off or audio and instrument channels by your description.

My recommendation is that you start using the 'All' setting instead and enable Low Latency mode when you are recording with latent plug-ins.