Change gain right in region?

romagromoff

Hi!

I know that we can change gain for each specific audio region using this menu:

2017-04-28%20at%2022.31.png

Recently Apple implement ability to add and change fades in regions without Fade Tool. We can use Pointer Tool for that.

2017-04-28%20at%2022.33.png

May be we can edit gain right in regions, same as in Pro Tools?

Thanks.

Why not turn on Automation, set it to Region automation, et voila? it's not quite the same as PT, but it's pretty darn close

Yep quite the same but I can understand that when you come from PT or Cubase and maybe other DAWS, it slows down your workflow. Would be a nice feature to add to the next update.

The workaround for doing it directly on the region (until that feature is implemented) would be to use the marquee tool to define where you want the gain change and adjust with the mouse in the inspector.

keep in mind that if you click and hold then scroll on the gain parameter will move it 1/10th of a db at at time, - if you add the shift key to it - it will move in 1 db increments. So it is pretty fast...

1817540245_regiongainchange2.gif.b6144302893bdec39ed8c177d434e2aa.gif

Why not turn on Automation, set it to Region automation, et voila? it's not quite the same as PT, but it's pretty darn close

Because, when you working with automation - you can't see how waveform changes.

When we use gain - we can visually set volume balance for regions.

but I prefer being able to see the numbers

We can see numbers.

2017-05-06%20at%2022.50.png

I just dream to have this feature right in region, same as in PT.

http://www.protoolsproduction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/clipinfofader.jpg

I love Logic Pro.

Recently I had experience with Pro Tools. Very good software, but Logic Pro is much more understandable for me and more convenient. The only thing I do not have now is the function to change the gain in the region.

Of course ... Apologies for not being clearer. I meant the ability to see the number right on the region using Logic's region automation (as per your original question). I prefer not to have the region parameters window open all the time and look elsewhere to see the adjustment. I guess it's just down to working preference. See my screenshot below. I hope this clarifies my point. Again, sorry for not being more clear from the get-go .. :-)

http://rolandogori.com/_images/region_automation.png

Make sure you turn on "Region" automation, not "Track" automation (see circled area in screenshot): fewer steps involved than what you show above (but, yes, there is no indication on the waveform, like there is with the region inspector). 

http://rolandogori.com/_images/region_automation2.png