Problem: music starting from behind playhead /marque?

jjmmuir
Go to solution Solved by yadamir,

Hi - hoping someone has a quick fix for this because it is quite bizarre. At the moment (current version of logic and late 2012, 2.9 GHz i5 imac) 'play' plays from about a beat or so before the playhead. Also when I make a selection using the marque tool to isolate audio, it still starts before the selection - which makes work hard. At the moment I'm trying to guess where it will start to make edits....so weird. Restarting computer/ logic did nothing to solve this. I hope thats understandable.

Thanks for any ideas

Jeremy

Edited by jjmmuir

Check the delay parameter in the inspector ( region selected ) under more.... make sure it is set to 0 ( zero ) 

Sounds like you may have a positive number set there

Many thanks, but they are set to zero as far I can see....

Must be latency from somewhere....not sure where though. I haven't put plugins on yet

Thanks.

• Solution
I may have found a solution/workaround. In Logic Preferences, go to: Audio > General. Under Plug-in Latency deselect "Playback pre-roll". This seemed to fix the issue for me. The funny thing is, it will happen randomly in the middle of a session, so I don't know if I'm accidentally hitting some hotkey that engages that–I'll need to take a look at my hotkeys. Also, I have zero plugins in my session when I'm editing, so not quite sure what would be causing this. 

I may have found a solution/workaround. In Logic Preferences, go to: Audio > General. Under Plug-in Latency deselect "Playback pre-roll". This seemed to fix the issue for me. The funny thing is, it will happen randomly in the middle of a session, so I don't know if I'm accidentally hitting some hotkey that engages that–I'll need to take a look at my hotkeys. Also, I have zero plugins in my session when I'm editing, so not quite sure what would be causing this. 

BINGO!

Worked for me. Well found my good man. I looked all through the preferences and couldn't find that. Surprised that nobody else knew this fix, worked instantly. 

Nominating @Yadamir for superstar of the week.