Adjusting Percussion Tone

ojan327

I love the variety of logic's percussion sounds, but I'm having a little trouble with the workflow while using them.  

When selecting a clap, hi-hat, kick, etc from the library, I'd like to easily change it's tone using the piano roll.  This way the sound would be laid out across the keys.  

To me this seems to be the smoothest, easiest way to shift it's tones.  Or is there a sampler plug-in to help me do this?  I hope not Ultrabeat because I don't really dig it.  

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks David, That's great, and sorry for the late response... 

So the kicks (for example) from within logic's main library have names vs. the kicks within the EXS which are labeled acoustic, electric or layered with letters and numbers…  Are these the same kicks or totally different from the ones in logic’s main library?  

And, if they're different, how do I get the ones from the main library into the EXS instrument editor?  Because you can't drag and drop them from the list like regular audio files.

Thanks!

Thanks for the swift response, my boss.... By searching "kick", "clap", "snare", etc. in the Library searchbar.  Then I get the long list of sweet sounding results.  I just want to play those up and down the keyboard.   

So are they a totally different set of kicks than the ones available through the EXS24 drop-down menu? 

On another note and I'm sorry to mix this in here because it's off topic, but how do i get rid of automatic zoom focused track *permanently*?  I don't ever want to click the track header and have it zoom, only when I hit Z thank you very much, like before! hehe :-)