Akai Advance

Hi

I'm looking for a midi controller that lets me play my logic plug ins live, whilst running a Logic backing track. I've come across this product which allows the users to access their plug ins, but I'm not sure of it allows the user to access their Logic plug ins.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

You won't be able to use Logic's plugins like you can with your other VSTi with the VIP software. It scans your VST folder so since Logic plugins are not in such a folder, it won't see them. As David says, you sure can control them inside Logic but not in the same way as another plugin that VIP scanned and auto-mapped. 

Blink

You won't be able to use Logic's plugins like you can with your other VSTi with the VIP software. It scans your VST folder so since Logic plugins are not in such a folder, it won't see them. As David says, you sure can control them inside Logic but not in the same way as another plugin that VIP scanned and auto-mapped. 

Blink

Thanks,

I have Logic Pro X hooked up to the new Behringer digital desk for live backing tracks. So drums (Superior Drummer 2.0) going out on CH 1 & 2. Trillian bass going out on 3. Logic Pro strings on 4 & 5, etc. It just gives me extra separation and options for live work. I would then load up a plug in (say Omnisphere) in another instrument strip (and out on say CH 6 & 7), hit ® in the instrument strip to engage the plug in, and play away on my midi keyboard.

How would this work with the VIP software? Any ideas?

I load up Omnisphere from the VIP software, but I want whatever I'm playing to go through a channel strip in Logic and out to my desk. It may be that the VIP software set up maps all this out.

Just want to make sure before I purchase one of these.