Line 6 M5 Stombox w/ Midi in/out to USB to Logic Pro X?

iPreferBlackKeys

I'm terribly new at midi, which was simple enough for my midi keyboard to USB, but this is a whole 'nother ball game.

The M5 Stompbox is an excellent little guitar effects pedal I've been dying to connect directly to my Macbook Pro to record in Logic.

I can see the light coming on to show that it's connected, but I'm not very savvy with the software portion and can't get it to play with Logic.

I've searched over 2 hrs on google and this site to find what I'm looking for.

Could anyone please give step-by-step instruction on how to connect and properly use my M5 Stompbox with Logic Pro X (10.3.0).

It has Midi in/out hook ups, which I bought a Midi in/out to USB cable. Yes, I have the "In" to my "Out" and my "Out" cable to my "In".

Any suggestions would be great.

I assumed I could connect my guitar through the M5 Stompbox to play on Logic. I don't have specific plans for the M5, but I would like to see what capabilities it has, Midi-wise, since it contains the Midi In/Out.

I imagine it works, as the adapter cable's green light came on, acknowledging it was connected to my Macbook via USB. I could also hear faint beeps in my headphones (from Mac) when I connected the cables. Logic Pro even recognized my M5, but I'm not at all savvy with the software process of the 5 pin in/out Midi controller connection.

My Midi keyboard was a breeze and automatically mapped itself and could play right away. Not so much with the M5.

Should I have only connected the Midi In or only Midi Out? I will still need some step by step instructions with the installation once it recognizes it on my macbook with Logic. I would think there would have to be other Midi in/out devices that people use to record that are exclusively guitar pedals. http://line6.com/m5/photos/02.jpg

You would have to refer to the M5 manual to see what MIDI capabilities it has. My guess is, you can probably record pedal on/off activity as program changes....

Try this: 

1. Create an external MIDI track.
  2. Record-enable and press record.
  3. While Logic is recording, press the pedals, see if anything gets recorded onto the track?

Side question, as the aforementioned question might possibly be obsolete with my new hardware.

I have a C-U1 condenser mic that draws phantom power, but isn't nearly loud enough to record and mix easily.

I want to connect it to my audio interface, which my 2 options (I think) are Type A to XLR or to 1/4" input.

I canNOT find such an adapter cable online. The fact that it's already supposed to be a "self sufficient" mic and you're encouraged to just use it's Type A to USB, I feel this is the amateur way of doing it.

How on earth do I connect my condenser mic with a Type A plug in the bottom of it to an audio interface?