No track playback sound-Roland Keyboard

JCTyler

Hello, 

I recorded a track using my Roland RD-800 and after disconnecting the keyboard, no playback sound is taking place, even though the track volume shows a signal and the notes and what was recorded in still in the track. The other tracks are fine, but not the one where the Keyboard was recorded. Also, when recording, I had to use an external speaker to hear the Roland, and no sound was been played back from within logic on that particular track, even though it was recording it and Logic was playing the other tracks fine. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. When I open the project, I get this message: Instrument “Roland RD” sends to a MIDI port named “Roland RD” of MIDI interface “Roland RD” which no longer exists. 

Thanks!

JC

MIDI is musical performance data. You recorded MIDI, but no sound. When you playback the MIDI recording, it routes the data to the RD800 which in turn generates sound. It's like MIDI is the musical notation of your performance, and you're giving it to a musician (RD800) to play it. The musician generates sound, not the musical notation. Hope that made sense. 

The easiest way for you to record with your Roland keyboard is to use it as a MIDI Controller, but use Logic's own instruments: create a software instrument track, choose a patch from the Library, and play your Roland. You can then disconnect the Roland and you'll still hear that track since it's playing one of Logic's own instruments.