Do region ends automatically set sus pedal to 0?

MikeShapiro
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Often when laying down a piano part in multiple regions, I notice that the sustain pedal seems to terminate when switching playback from one region to another. Often when the second region has a sus pedal on message, it plays as if it didn't.

I know this can happen when the prior region has a CC 64 = 0 at the end which interrupts the sus pedal of a subsequent region that overlaps. But this seems to happen when the prior region has NO termination to the sus pedal, just a CC 64 = 127.

Does Logic interpret the end of a region as automatically terminating the existing sustain pedal CC? I can't figure out its behavior. Help appreciated.

Mike

• 1 year later...

Another thanks for this tip David! Somehow, my template had the clip length turned on as default, and this behavior was driving me crazy!

I know it's a year old, but Mike - if you make sure you have no regions selected, you can then turn of the Clip Length setting and that will be the default for all newly created regions.