A New Glitch? Bounce In Place

Artlowell

Since I updated my Logic Pro, I've noticed something new. trying to bounce a region to an audio track, the playhead goes immediately to the beginning  of the region and just stay there. I went to close Logic once, and instead of quitting, the Audio bip file immediately appeared. That's all I know, except that while the playhead sits there, it will not move anywhere else. Not to the beginning or anywhere else. It seems to be stuck.

I shut down Logic, waitd awhile and booted back up. Tried it again. This time, nothing happened, as before. Then, after about 30 seconds, a progress bar appeared. "Bouncing Regions". The playhead moved some and is now stuck there. Had to force quit it, as "Quit Logic Pro" is grayed out in the Logic menu.

Capacity is 525 Gb. Availability is 191 Gb.  I just had my mechanical HD replaced with n SSD. I haven't run into any problems saving backups. I have a 1 TB external drive that I can use, if necessary. This is acting like it gets stuck in a loop. So far, I've been able to revert to backups that function properly. The only problem comes when I try to bounce in place.

There has to be something wrong with this project. When I booted up this morning, no sound at all came from the project. I went back to a backup 10 versions back. No sound. I pulled up another old project. Worked fine. Went back to this project. After a few minutes, I have only a progress bar that says it's loading, and it just sits there. That looks like a software problem to me. The only option I can think of, assuming I can somehow get the project loaded, is to rebuild the project anew, and export all the regions from this project, then import them onto the new project. Any other suggestions?

• 2 years later...