Record output of one track onto new audio track???

deckard1
Go to solution Solved by skijumptoes,

I have Sampletank playing an audio drum loop on a software instrument track in Logic X. I then routed the output of the track to a bus. Next, I created a new audio track and set the input to the same bus as the Sampletank track output. Then, I press record...with Sampletank playing the audio drum loop. It doesn't work. Nothing records onto the new audio track. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong possibly?

881836130_ScreenShot2017-05-25at1_13_59AM.png.ec90abe5b7851ea33f4463bca34df0d9.png

Thanks. 

Not sure what's wrong, but try removing the Aux 1 and Audio 1 tracks (i.e. start again), and then just create a new Audio Track as you would in the arranger view (Don't worry about Aux tracks, you don't need them for this), then set it's input to Bus 1 (Or whatever), and then set the sample tank channel to output to that Bus.

You shouldn't be able to hear sample tank unless you record enable the new audio track, that's when you know it's working.

Not sure what's wrong, but try removing the Aux 1 and Audio 1 tracks (i.e. start again), and then just create a new Audio Track as you would in the arranger view (Don't worry about Aux tracks, you don't need them for this), then set it's input to Bus 1 (Or whatever), and then set the sample tank channel to output to that Bus.

You shouldn't be able to hear sample tank unless you record enable the new audio track, that's when you know it's working.

Thanks. Will give it a shot. Forgot to include this pic which is really confusing me. No 'Record' option for Audio track. 

752833752_ScreenShot2017-05-25at2_03_41AM.png.cf270a48ef7d2fd579a180ca6434cf76.png

Yes, that's your aux channel that you've created a track for, which is why i say don't worry about going the aux route if you only want to bounce to a new audio track in realtime.

Edit: Apologies, just noticed that this is a new audio track, not a track created from an Aux

Edited by skijumptoes

• Solution

When you first create the new audio track, does it have a record button?  If it doesn't then it looks like you may have an incorrect setting in your audio preferences.  Just go to preferences, check you have the correct input and output device selected, then disable core audio.  Then when you enable it again, the record button should return.

If the Record button exists when you create the audio track, but disappears after you assign the bus, then i'm not sure on that.

And yes, you can reset preferences by going to the menu at the top:-

Logic Pro > Preferences > Reset All Preferences Except Key Commands

If still not working then try creating a new project to see if that helps.