Flex time not flexing

timedgar

I have some audio I recorded in Pro Tools and dragged into logic. Flex time will not work on these tracks even though it is turned on for both the track and the region. I am guessing that, because the files were not recorded in Logic that they lack certain meta data which Logic uses to determine original tempo? Or perhaps there is another issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Logic wont even analyze the files. Normally when I engage flex on a track i get a progress bar, but with these imported tracks I don't... does that give any clue as to why it isn't working? Is there anything equivalent to Pro Tools' ticks/samples whereby certain tracks follow the bpm but others don't?

Everything is 44.1 / 24bit.

Tim

does that give any clue as to why it isn't working?

Yes. If all else fails, set the output of the channel strip to a bus; create a new track with its input set to that same bus; record-enable the new track and record the output of the original channel strip (you can bypass effect plug-ins first if you want). You should be able to Flex the newly recorded audio files.