How to Copy and Paste a Take Region?

IceTre

Greetings,

I'm new here.  I'm trying to do something that I thought would be simple:  create a new track, and then copy and paste regions from various takes into the new track.  But Logic won't let me.  It pastes ALL the takes, plus the comp track, into the new track.  And if there's only one take in the comp, it won't let me copy and paste it at all. 

Is this by design?  Why won't Apple let you copy single regions from a take to a new track? 

I am running Logic 10.2.4 on Mac OS 10.10.5.

Thanks,

I found a workaround.  In the comp menu, I use the export command to copy the region to a new track.  Logic creates a new track (which I don't want) but at least it only copies the take region I want, not all the takes and the comp take.  I can then copy that single region to the track I want.  Then I delete the new track Apple created.  It's extra work and annoying, but it will get the job done.

If others know of a way to copy a take region directly to a track of your choice, without going through the middleman of export to a new track, please let me know.

David,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not familiar with "marquee select".  I looked it up in Logic Help, and from what I can tell, it's for selecting only part of a region for copying or cutting.  Can you also marquee select the entire region?

Do you know why Apple would prevent us from the more normal, simple and obvious way of selecting a region of a take for copying?  It doesn't make sense to me.

Can you also marquee select the entire region?

Do you know why Apple would prevent us from the more normal, simple and obvious way of selecting a region of a take for copying?  It doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, you can marquee-select an entire region but it's not necessary. The only thing you need is to be in edit mode in order to be able to SELECT the desired take. In Quick Swipe Comping mode, you cannot select individual takes or sections of takes, so when you copy/paste, it pastes the section (the entire take folder).

So: 

1. On the take folder, click the QSC mode button to go to edit mode. 
  2. Click the desired take to select it. 
  3. Copy/paste.