Audio Out To Monitors

Hello Everyone.

I've got a mac mini that's a few years old, running logic pro x latest version on it.  I've had to upgrade my OS a couple of times to run the latest versions and that has knocked my headphone port out a couple of times, but I seem to have found a fix, or workable solution anyway.  My main concern is that the port will quit functioning and I won't be able to send audio to my monitors for playback/mixing.

Currently I have to use a couple of adapters to run from the 1/4 inch stereo out up to two 1/4 inch cables for the monitors and this seems unstable and may be hastening the demise of the output on the mini.  Am wondering if I can just hdmi to a video monitor and run sound out of that to the monitors (seems like the fidelity would be compromised by the video monitor's I/O interpretation) or if there is any other viable solution.  

I can't afford a new mac and sure hate to not be able to use it for recording over something so seemingly simple.  I'm more of a musician than a technician so please advise if any more information is needed.   Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Currently I have to use a couple of adapters to run from the 1/4 inch stereo out up to two 1/4 inch cables for the monitors and this seems unstable and may be hastening the demise of the output on the mini. 

I'm not sure I understand... if you plug headphones in that output, do they work as expected? If yes then just get a new cable with one  1/8 stereo male to two 1/4 mono male:

cable.jpg.934f43d8b6d7484158f1d8b2443d0493.jpg

cable.jpg.e029065317ed8ffba385a5ca9120c242.jpg