Opening two Patches issue

3ple

Hey guys! :)

So here's my question: let's say I load a new patch that uses Bus 1 and Bus 2, for example. Now let's say Bus 1 is a Plate reverb and Bus 2 a stereo delay set to 1/8.

Now when I load another patch on a different track, also with Bus 1 and Bus 2, but this time Bus 1 was saved with a Hall reverb and a delay set to 1/4.

How does Logic handle this? Will patch 2 on track 2 use Bus 1 and Bus 2 using the plate reverb and delay 1.8?

If so, how can we go around this?

Thanks

Now when I load another patch on a different track, also with Bus 1 and Bus 2, but this time Bus 1 was saved with a Hall reverb and a delay set to 1/4.

How does Logic handle this? 

Logic uses new busses (Bus 3 and Bus 4) for the second patch. 

Thanks. For some reason when I tried it a couple of days ago, it seemed to just use the same bus, even though the original effect was different. Just tried it again and it worked as you said.

Maybe there's a glitch in whatever system they use to determine wether a patch's Auxes are the same as some of the existing Auxes in the session. It would be interesting, if you ever can reproduce the issue, to try to see under which conditions it arises. 

I wish I saved that session... if I see it happen again I will share it here