MIDI: output same midi note regardless which key pressed

t-ride

Hi everybody,

I have question regarding midi in logic. Is there an easy way to make a software instrument track output/play the same MIDI note regardless which key I press. In other words, how do I trigger the same midi note for all keys? I've tried using the Transposer MIDI effect but it changes octaves if I play through different octaves.

Thanks from Sweden.

David, this would change the pitch of all MIDI played into any track, wouldn't it?  What would be the best way to accomplish this for only one software instrument?

You're correct. A switch could be installed to turn it on or off.

Another way to make this work for a specific channel strip: get the Transformer out of the Click and Ports layer and put it in the Mixer layer. Cable it into the desired software instrument channel strip. Drag and drop the Transformer to a track header. R-enable that track.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys! I want to thank you both Paul and David for replying so fast to my question. I actually solved my problem by creating a script with a conditional checking in which I reassign all incoming MIDI to the same note. This worked really well! And this is something I can do quite easily for many tracks