Quantize Tool Not Working

DanRad

Just noticed this...so I don't know what's going on.  In both Score and Piano Roll I have the quantize tool select at "Q"  I usually hit Q.. get the tool (this part is working) click hold and get a menu of quantize options. Now, nothing is happening...  The only way I can quantize is by whole region... HELP!!!!!!!!!!

PS... The menu showed up for a second... then disappeared... any ideas?

So this problem seems to come and go.   The way I have my key commands set up is on a given screen, I hit "Q" and then when I click hold on a note, the quantize menu shows up (1/4,1/8,1/16 etc). Yesterday, everything worked normally.  Today, I did this function and it worked once, and then all subsequent efforts end up with NO MENU showing up and when I get the floating "Q" it's defaulting (I think) to the last chosen quantize selection.  One other weird thing.  If I click hold, the note quantizes at whatever the previous quantize choice was... but if I click hold and then move the mouse ever so slightly, the menu shows up... very strange. PLEASE HELP

I'm having the same problem since today, it is acting very very strangely.

When I select the region & quantize, it doesn't but changes the length of some MIDI notes & when I select those notes in Piano roll & quantize then the size (duration) of note turns back, it sometimes randomly quantizes some notes but it's not making any sense.

Found the solution before even clicking Submit: I had Smart Quantize enabled on the track.