10gb files??

blacklabradors

Some of my projects are TEN GIGABYTES. What can I possibly do to fix this? This should not even be possible. they are 3 minute long songs. I really don't know how to fix this. I've tried cleaning up the project and everything. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I am trying to transfer my album mixes to a flash drive so I can feel safer. 

So a couple of things you can do to double check:

Make sure there's no hidden tracks

Go to Audio Files window, select Unused and then Delete

Go to File - Project Management - Clean Up

Reduce Undo Steps in Logic's preferences.

I just deleted unused in the audio bin, and the file went from 9gb to 5.5gb. How do I reduce undo steps and make sure there's no hidden tracks?

Did you do the clean up after the delete unused as well?

Undo Steps: Logic Preferences - General - Editing

For hidden tracks there should be a big H letter on top of the track header column if at any point a hidden track was in fact hidden. Otherwise there shouldn't be any.

For hidden tracks there should be a big H letter on top of the track header column if at any point a hidden track was in fact hidden. Otherwise there shouldn't be any.

Okay, yes, cleaned up multiple times, checked for hidden tracks (none), and made undo steps go down to 50... file is still at 5.5 gigs:(

Okay, yes, cleaned up multiple times, checked for hidden tracks (none), and made undo steps go down to 50... file is still at 5.5 gigs:(

Are you using ginormous samples from a ginormous sample library?  Break down your tracks for us. 

And, strange as it may seem, "is this a problem?"  Disk drives are cheap.  Real cheap ...

A computer's project working-files – whether we're talking music or something else – are often rather gigantic, because there's a lot of high-resolution information in them which won't appear in the final "deliverable file."  (MP3, Movie, Photo, what-have-you.)  Deliverable files are routinely compressed.  Project files (of any sort) routinely are not.