Select midi-notes: all top-most pitches?

Storytime Symphony

841815855_ScreenShot2017-06-15at09_15_39.png.a4c78cf9ce0871ef8a2591435b92e0b7.png

Hi all,

I'm working with a guitar library that has pre-recorded power chords. I imported the song I wrote as midi, meaning that my imported midi data contains a lot of "extra" notes, since I only need the root note of every power chord. I've been manually selecting these extra top-notes... but it's a pain in the neck. (see picture)

Is there any clever way of automating this?

Bram

Thanks a lot, that works! It does however select a bunch of other notes that are not chords.. 

Is there a way to first select some chords, and then use a modifier key with (shift+arrow up) to combine the selections?

PS: I found one way to do this, that is to make locators surround your group of chords, and then press SHIFT+UP, then delect outside locators (no shortcut by default)

... this is rather complicated though

Thanks a lot, that works! It does however select a bunch of other notes that are not chords.. 

Is there a way to first select some chords, and then use a modifier key with (shift+arrow up) to combine the selections?

PS: I found one way to do this, that is to make locators surround your group of chords, and then press SHIFT+UP, then delect outside locators (no shortcut by default)

... this is rather complicated though

You're welcome. Yes, that short cut cannot distinguish mixed chords and single notes. 

Not sure if there is something you're looking for.