Recording stops midway in Logic Pro X

lefty gent

Hello

Am using Logic Pro X, OSX Sierra 10.12.5

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Running Logic Pro X with UAD Apollo twin mkII, Apollo QUAD Satelitte, and Apollo Duo rack, mic preamp is Audient ASP 880 wired to Apollo twin optically, recording at 44.1 kHz, 24 bit -  9 mono tracks of drums, one stereo guide track with guitar, vox, and tempo;  no other software running (except UAD Console). Logic will record but randomly sputters at some point and then halts recording, but the guide track plays on. Tried a few different takes, reset computer, re-started, etc...rested and tried again. seems to recur. I lost confidence in Logic, and went to PT12, re- set up and under same conditions, no issues were met.  Did an online search and it seems this problem has hit some in the past, and the reasoning was to close this or that....I have done all that but still no success. And PT works, as does MIXBUS. Weird. Can someone advise? I like Logic and don't want to jettison it. I have no idea why this problem exists and seems to have hot a few folks - searched "logic randomly stops recording'.

• 3 months later...
Hello

Am using Logic Pro X, OSX Sierra 10.12.5

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Running Logic Pro X with UAD Apollo twin mkII, Apollo QUAD Satelitte, and Apollo Duo rack, mic preamp is Audient ASP 880 wired to Apollo twin optically, recording at 44.1 kHz, 24 bit -  9 mono tracks of drums, one stereo guide track with guitar, vox, and tempo;  no other software running (except UAD Console). Logic will record but randomly sputters at some point and then halts recording, but the guide track plays on. Tried a few different takes, reset computer, re-started, etc...rested and tried again. seems to recur. I lost confidence in Logic, and went to PT12, re- set up and under same conditions, no issues were met.  Did an online search and it seems this problem has hit some in the past, and the reasoning was to close this or that....I have done all that but still no success. And PT works, as does MIXBUS. Weird. Can someone advise? I like Logic and don't want to jettison it. I have no idea why this problem exists and seems to have hot a few folks - searched "logic randomly stops recording'.

Lefty Hi

I do hope someone can come with an answer for this, nightmare. I use an Apollo Twin and Console, no problems at all with El Capitan 10.11.3

Have you recently updated your OS?