recording external musical instruments.

soundworksstudios

I'm trying to record music from my Yamaha PSR s910 keyboard directly into logic pro on a stereo track and /or as midi tracks. I have a Scarlett i1820 interface and right now my cables are connected from my keyboard's output to my inputs in the back of my interface ( as instructed  by the interface manual.) So far I haven't been successful in getting a signal in logic from what I'm playing on my keyboard. I hope someone here can guide me in how to get this going. My appreciation in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Soundworks Studios,

As Fusbur mentioned, please be sure the Scarlett 18i20 is selected in the Mac as the audio device.

You'll need to navigate to Apple > System Preferences > Sound and select the Scarlett 18i20 in both the Input and Output menu.

The Scarlett 18i20 does require Control Software to run at it's full potential, if you have not already downloaded this it will likely help your situation. Depending on whether your unit is a First or Second Generation you will want either the Scarlett MixControl or the Focusrite Control. https://global.focusrite.com/downloads

In Logic, make sure your input channel is set to the channel in the back that your Yamaha is plugged into, and as always, triple check all cabling. If you are still having sound issues please feel free to contact us directly and we will gladly assist in getting your Scarlett 18i20 set up to send and receive sound! https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new