No Sound

Artlowell
Go to solution Solved by Artlowell,

I need to brainstorm for a reason for this.

My Project is complete. I've tried to play it, but there is no sound. If I click on the notes within their regions, they sound just like they should, but the playhead doesn't seem to detect the notes. 

If I create a new region, then any note I create in it sounds properly, both when I click on it and when the playhead passes over it, but no other regions on that track produces any sound. This leads me to wonder what has happened to existing regions in the project - just the regions, not the tracks or Logic in general.

I've disabled and enabled the core audio. I've checked to see that all the midi channels are correct. No tracks are soloed or muted. Any ideas?

Edited by Artlowell

I added this to my description, "If I create a new region, then any note I create in it sounds properly, both when I click on it and when the playhead passes over it, but no other regions on that track produces any sound. This leads me to wonder what has happened to existing regions in the project - just the regions, not the tracks or Logic in general".

I think this might be important. (The Output channel channel strip has nothing but a reverb plugin and a "double circle" symbol. Nothing in "setting").

• Solution

No muted. I just had it happen again, only with just a portion of a region. the first part of that region sounded as intended, but the final portion was ALMOST mute (I turned the volume all the way up and heard a quiet mumbling). There was nothing in the event list to explain this. 

I corrected the issue by moving the regions on that track out of the way, deleting that track and creating a new track, (with all the attendant setting up of the instrument), then moving the regions back onto the new track. Works fine, now. So, at least in this case, I don't think it was the region, but rather the track (which I had protected).