logic platinum 5 is out!

fisherking

:D

And I have it here, right beside me, in my "DAW-software-box", original packaging included !

Only picked up Logic Pro X (again) recently, since one of the other DAW's midi editing was way too limited .

Back then, it was close to $1000 (in Europe) - but would spend it immediately if I could be that young again 8-) 8-) 8-) 

Logic Platinum 5

with all the posts here about different versions (ie 10.3.2, 10.2.1, 7.2), seemed time to share this exciting news. amazing feature set!

you know what, we went from "sensational track based automation" back to "object(region) based"  in LPX10.3.

but now we have both so we cant go back to sensational track based automation.

I love Tweak's history of Logic. It makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside seeing all those screenshots of Logic from yesteryear, and those fat manuals... wow, I treated those like bibles of sorts.  I came on board at Logic Audio 2.0 and clearly remember the insane amount of inspired enthusiasm I had when I discovered writing, scoring and recording in Logic without the need of disgruntled band members. I also remember those two massive dongles hanging off of my computer! Those were great times. I remember being able to call the Emagic office about an issue I was having and Dave Smith would have a floppy on my doorstep days later with an update.

Humans don't make anything perfect, but for me, Logic sure seems to come close by being an inspiring tool in of itself that allows me to pour out creativity and have it captured in a way beyond what I could ever have imagined.